I hope you are as excited to send your child to Wilson as we are to have your child attend here. This is going to be an exciting and challenging year for our students.
Your child will be attending 2 core classes a day, including reading, math, science, language arts, social studies, as well as PE, and/or electives and interventions. Electives/interventions may include: Spanish, Cultural Studies, Concert, Symphonic, and Jazz Band; Journalism/Yearbook, Math Activities and More, Leadership, Creative Writing, Recreational Sports, and Character Counts. Significant to our program are the Accelerated Reader Program, and the math and reading interventions. The Accelerated Reader Program will provide students exciting and motivating ways to improve reading. The math and reading interventions support students below grade level in math and/or reading.
Research indicates that students who get involved at school are more successful. I encourage you to get your child involved in the many activities available, which include student government, clubs, academic teams, sports, rallies, and dances.
Learn from Home Resources are posted on our HESD website. You will notice that resources are organized by grade level spans: TK-2nd, 3rd-5th, and 6th-8th. Please check out the resources to support continued learning for your child!
Thank you for your support!
- Every student needs to come prepared for school with a backpack, a 3 inch three-ring binder, paper, black pens, and pencils.
- Every student is expected to follow the dress and grooming guidelines beginning the first day.
- School attendance is important. In order to participate in the 8th grade promotion activities, all 8th grade students may miss no more than 19 days of school. Additionally, students may become ineligible for any end of the year activity for excessive absences or tardies.
- Woodrow Wilson is a closed campus. Students may not leave the campus at any time without permission.
- PE clothes will not be needed the first week. Information will be provided at the Junior High Walk Through.
- Make sure you tell your child that individual class schedules will not be changed during the first two weeks of school. Only conflicts such as two PE classes or a missing class period will be dealt with during this time.
In order to be eligible for the Reward Trip, students must meet the following criteria for the 1 school year:
- No more than 1 “level A” citation
- No suspensions
- No level B or C citations
- No more than 1 unexcused absence
- 6 or less combined days tardy, truant or absent
- Never show up on the ineligibility list for current school year
- 1st day of attendance at Woodrow Wilson must be on or before the last day of the 1st trimester
All free & online @ www.MyPaymentsPlus.com
App is available on your IPhone or Android device
No more checks, sending kids with $, or charges
MyPaymentPlus allows you to
- Manage all of your student’s accounts
- Check balance online
- Monitor items purchased in the cafeteria
- Email when account reaches low balance
- Prepayment with credit or debit card
Create an account free
Fill out email and info
Know your student ID #
Your child should know their number. It will be located on a report card and or schedule
Report cards are delivered to parents once each trimester during the school year. For Trimester 1, report cards are provided to parents at parent/teacher conferences on November 19th and 20th. For the second and third trimesters, report cards are mailed home at the end of each trimester.
Woodrow Wilson Junior High publishes a resource document for parents that provides a clear explanation of the grades students receive and the proficiency levels that students are expected to achieve.